Thank you for visiting MathsPlusYou. I’m Charn and I’m an experienced KS2 English and Maths, KS3 Maths and 11 Plus Tutor.
I have a background in secondary ICT/Maths and have almost 20 years of educational experience.
These unprecedented times have seen so many parents trying to balance their own jobs alongside trying to teach their youngsters. For some, this has been a test of their knowledge, skills and nerves! I have heard one thing from so many parents… ‘I’m not a teacher!’ and I completely agree. Teaching children takes an extraordinary amount of patience, skills and experience – this is where I can help.
Over the years I have developed a toolkit of methods and techniques to enable students to overcome the barriers to their learning. I provide tuition on a 1:1 basis and also in small group settings. In both cases, I work in partnership with your child to develop their full learning potential. Of course, to do this, I take time to fully understand your child’s learning style and academic needs.
I provide a range of classes including:
- Weekly 1:1 tuition
- Lessons and homework tailored to your child’s needs
- 11 Plus preparation
- Study materials, progress tests and mock exams on a 1-1 or small group basis
- Study Skills
- Effective revision techniques, note-taking and active recall methods to maximise learning
- Introductory Year 7 Maths
- Fundamental foundation skills for KS3 (secondary school) maths
- School holiday workshops
- Fun and engaging workshops for individual year groups
- Catch up sessions
- Half termly catch up sessions for individual year groups
If you feel that your child could benefit from targeted tuition, I look forward to hearing from you!
You can stay updated and read some of the amazing feedback kindly provided by parents, on my Facebook page.
For more details, feel free to contact me directly at email@example.com or 07906 852 148.